- This event has passed.
Cooking for Well-Being Teacher Training: Level I—Learn to Cook
June 25, 2015 - June 29, 2015
This Level I four-day intensive training in Purcellville, Virginia, at Fields of Athenry Farm, will provide the foundation of knowledge in both technique and background—the how and the why of cooking traditional foods.It is a perfect course for those who have never cooked traditional foods, for those who have dabbled, and for those who have been cooking for a while…for anyone who would like to obtain a deep foundation in the techniques.
Techniques that will be covered:
2. The Technique of Lacto-Fermentation: Vegetables, Fruits, and Beverages
3. Making Nutrient-Dense Bone Broth and Meat Stock
4. Soaking and Preparing Beans for Ease of Digestion and Nutrient Availability
5. Soaking and Preparing Whole Grains for Ease of Digestion and Nutrient Availability
6. Making Salad Dressings and Marinades for Grass-Fed Meat
7. Liver and Liver PateThis is a four-day intensive. Only 12 students will be registered, so apply TODAY!If you would like to take Level II and train to be a Traditional Foods Teacher, you must pass this level, Level I. For more information, click here.