Enjoy the latest installment of Dr. Lowell Keppel’s “Good to Know” series for practitioners.
For All the Hearts in Your Life: February Is Heart Month
And why not? After all, we celebrate Valentine’s Day on the 14th. On that day, we should let our partners know how much we love them! (Of course, we should already be doing this every day, all year long.)
Implementing Standard Process in your practice is as easy as remembering Valentine’s Day.
Here’s what you do:
- Get a bottle of Cardio-Plus and Cataplex B-Core Check EVERY patient’s leg length and note the imbalance. (Watch this video demonstration.)
- Have the patient smell the CardioPlus or pop one in their mouth. Now recheck the leg lengths. Are they totally balanced or closer to being balanced? If so, make a note that the patient needs the CardioPlus.
- Now do the same thing with the Cataplex B-Core. What did you observe? Did it balance the leg lengths?
- Optional: Have the patient smell or taste both products together. Did the combination make the legs even more balanced? If so, recommend both.
The reality is, you can test all of your patients for any product this way.
Think of CardioPlus for people who are nervous or have high blood pressure. We never really know who will experience a heart-related episode, so check every patient.
The absolute best test for the heart is the Heart Sound Recorder. Contact Joseph Antell to obtain one or find a provider near you who has their own HSR. (You can refer patients out.)
Last, but not least, go get a heart graph for your heart! You owe it to your patients to check them, and yourself, on a regular basis.
Cardio-Plus is like a multivitamin for the heart. It contains:
- Cardiotrophin PMG. This is the DNA (nucleoprotein, also known as the protomorphogen) of heart muscle tissue and can improve heart strength. Remember, Standard Process is the only company that supplies the PMGs.
- Cataplex G. Part of the B vitamins to help the heart. Cataplex G is calming for the nerves, and it will also open up the arteries to decrease arterial pressure.
- Cataplex E2. Part of the vitamin E complex that help regulate the use of oxygen by the heart muscle tissues. Dr. Royal Lee found that angina patients use up oxygen too fast in the muscles. E2 is also great for altitude sickness.
- Cataplex C. Good for oh so many things, from muscle repair to helping the red blood cells carry more oxygen to tissues.
Cataplex B-Core is the nerve-stimulating vitamin.
It contains vitamin B4 (adenine), the factor that gives strength to the electrical impulse that makes the heartbeat. Cataplex B-Core also helps regulate the nerve flow, normalizing the rhythm of the heart.
(This always makes me think of the Rod Stewart lyric “Rhythm of my heart is beatin’ like a drum.”)
Remember, chiropractors, a chronic subluxation of T1 or T2 can happen due to the visceral somatic reflex. Helping the heart also helps stabilize the subluxation.
Shoulder problems can also have a heart component. The subscapularis muscle relates to the heart as well. Thus, fixing the heart with nutrition will help out the joint issues.
Your patients will love you forever.
Image from iStock/CalypsoArt. Cardio-Plus image from SRP.