This is a breath-taking three-part collection from “Nutritional Therapeutics,” the ongoing series created by Mark R. Anderson.
Part One (set of 4 audio CDs recorded September 28–29, 2006, in Columbus, Ohio): This riveting series of lectures from Mark Anderson begins with an overview of the profound historical relationship between Dr. George Goodheart Jr., his father Dr. George Goodheart Sr., and Dr. Royal Lee, the founder of Standard Process in 1929. Their professional relationship united two foundations of wholistic health care: chiropractic and nutritional therapeutics. Following the introduction, Anderson presents on the following four subjects:
- Antioxidants vs. Natural Vitamin Complexes
- The History of Antioxidant Supplements and the Origin of the Free Radical Pathology Theory
- Pro-Oxygen Nutrient Complexes
- The Autoimmune Process: Endogenous Immunity from Protomorphogens to Oral Tolerization
Part Two (set of 5 audio CDs recorded on November 3, 2007, in Columbus, Ohio): Anderson begins where he left off in 2006, discussing the dangers of antioxidant supplements and both the origin and steady erosion of support for antioxidant theory. Also discussed:
- Threatened Abortion and Protective Vitamin Complexes
- Vitamin D: Decreasing Risk of Cancer and All-Cause Mortality
- Probiotic Supplements and Foods
Anderson then examines Dr. Royal Lee’s theories on immunity and infection, including the famous Triad of Immunity. Also discussed:
- The Role of Calcium Bicarbonate (Ionized Calcium) in Preventing and Fighting Infection
- The Vitamin C Complex: How It Works with Calcium in the Immune Process
- The Vitamin F Complex: How It Works with Vitamin D to Regulate Ionized Calcium in the Blood and Tissues
In addition, Anderson talks about acid-alkaline balance in the body and presents conclusions from both Part 1 and Part 2 of the seminar.
Part Three (set of 3 audio CDs recorded on September 23, 2007, in Denver, Colorado): Donna Wild presents “Iodine: The Most Essential Trace Mineral for Mind and Body, Lifeline from the Sea.” For mind and body, iodine is probably the most overlooked essential nutrient worldwide—the World Health Organization cites its deficiency as the number one cause of brain damage in the world. Wild makes a convincing case that iodine metabolism goes well beyond the thyroid’s need for this mineral. Topics include:
- A History of Iodine
- Forms of Iodine
- Iodine Deficiency Diseases
- Iodine Synergists
- Commentary on Iodized Salt
- Appropriate Doses and Detoxification Reactions
- Dangers of Displacement of Iodine by Fluorine, Chlorine, and Bromine
Back to School for Doctors is, simply put, the most significant Standard Process educational event among the hundreds that occur throughout the nation annually. BTS connects clinicians with their roots—holistic nutrition, the Dr. Royal Lee philosophy, and the principles that make Standard Process so unique and irreplaceable. Created 29 years ago by Mark Anderson, his presentation looks both to history and to the future. He shares underappreciated aspects of Dr. Lee’s work alongside meticulously curated, leading edge research that supports Dr. Lee’s conclusions and their clinical application. This is why BTS is the largest and best-attended Standard Process event of the year, attracting practitioners from around the nation who come to learn about the teachings of the grandmaster of nutrition from his greatest student.
–Dr. Michael Gaeta
Running time (all three parts): 12 hours, 30 minutes.