It’s time to stop making the same old crockpot recipes the same old way. It’s time to join the slow cook revolution. Author and teacher Chef Phyllis Quinn leads the charge with The Slow Cook Gourmet, five one-of-a-kind recipes you definitely won’t find anywhere else. This book is not about dumping three canned ingredients and a hunk of meat into the crockpot and calling it a day. It’s a master class in the art of the slow cooker:
- Beef Roulades from Southern Germany. Filled and rolled tender beef steaks with a rich, salty-smoky pork gravy.
- Barbeque Style Chinese Roast Duck. A superbly duplicated version of Peking duck, once available only in the finest Chinese restaurants.
- Mediterranean Rabbit Cacciatore. Slow cooked with wine, spices, and tomatoes.
- Vegetarian French Cassoulet. Featuring a hearty, rich stew of elegantly prepared seasonal vegetables, quinoa, and white beans.
- Trader Vic’s Cuban Pork. Seriously tender pork bathed in Caribbean spices—also includes a bonus recipe for famous Cuban Pork Sandwiches.
What are you waiting for? Join the revolution today. Cook with whole-food ingredients that are a joy to eat, and feed them to the people you love.