The United States of America celebrates its independence on the Fourth of July. Our nation was brought forth on the fourth to be a light of freedom to the world. It is a wonderful and worthy cause to celebrate, remembering the many blessings we enjoy from the creation of the United States of America.
There is great creative significance to the number four. First of all, the number four has been shown to represent divine Creation, or the making of the universe by God. It also represents the flesh of our body. Reflect on the power of four in the following examples:
- In the book of Genesis, there are four kinds of flesh created: the flesh of man, beasts, fish, and birds.
- Four is the sum of two and two. When two become one in a marriage union, there are two sets of reproductive organs: two testes and two ovaries for a total of four organs involved in the creation of offspring.
- We have four seasons of the year: spring, summer, fall, and winter.
- We have four steps in which to work the earth: a time to till the soil, a time to plant the seed, a time to hoe the field, and a time to harvest the crop.
- We have four stages in our experience of life: early childhood, adolescence, adulthood, and senior years.
- We have four cardinal directions on the face of a compass to direct our paths: north, south, east, and west.
- The body creates energy in four phases: we take food into our body, we digest the food in our intestines, we assimilate elements of the digested food into our bodies, and we eliminate the waste and byproducts.
- The heart is created with four chambers to move the blood that gives life to every cell in the body.
- The blood is created to carry four things: oxygen to cells, and carbon dioxide away, food elements to cells, and waste products away.
D.D. Palmer, the developer and creator of chiropractic, declared that the Life Force that created the body also controls the body. This is manifested with four phases: Above, Down, Inside, and Out. The Life Force comes from above, it moves and flows down, it moves inside and through the cells of the body, and finally, this Life Force flows out over the body. These four actions enable the expression of the function of life and health. The Life Force moving from the brain down through the spinal cord is protected by the vertebra in the spine, yet vertebral subluxations can restrict the flow of the Life Force. When the Life Force is impaired, malfunction of cells will result and create abnormal physiology. When nutritional lack or toxic chemicals are present, these also impair the flow of Life Force. Toxic emotions that are experienced and expressed in the physical body will create aberrant signs and symptoms by way of their effect on the nervous system.
When Dr. Royal Lee created Standard Process Whole food concentrates, he used the power of creation to equip the body to support healthy, viable cells. He saw the pattern of four in the formation of new life in the soil: 1) a seed and the soil it is planted in react and form enzymes to quicken the new life, 2) a new plant sprouts and begins to grow, 3) the plant is nourished by the components in the soil and matures, and 4) those components become nutrients available to us to consume when the plant is harvested. From soil to supplement in four creative acts.
Can you see how powerful the number four is in creation and growth? This coming Fourth of July, let’s celebrate, create, and live to our fullest potential in honor of our great nation!
Happy Fourth of July!
“Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light.”